My Book Series

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hugh Howey: How My Self-Published Book 'Wool' Became A Hot Movie Property

Hugh Howey: How My Self-Published Book 'Wool' Became A Hot Movie Property: Many moons ago, long before I dreamed of seeking fame and fortune as a self-published author, back when I was of that peculiar age when young men choose to live in smelly apartments with other young and smelly men, I had as a roommate the incredible and talented drummer of Charlie's on Acid.

Rusty was a lovely chap with the long hair and authentic facial hair you'd expect of a rock and roll artist, and he was quite beloved for being considerably less messy than my brother and I. But what made Rusty a legend in my eyes (aside from the groupies) was his minor role in a feature film. Charlie's on Acid, you see, was the band chosen to play Brandon Lee's backup in The Crow. When they show band posters in the film featuring Brandon as the lead singer, those are my friends Sean, Rusty, Eric, and Toby in the background trying to look suitably boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked blog followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog