My Book Series

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What is a bad review?

  Contrary to popular belief, 

I always appreciate scalding reviews. I don't call them bad reviews because they are very helpful. Bad reviews are ones that are false and never helpful. This latest one is not extremely helpful but helpful nonetheless. Harry always told me that helpful reviews are what improve things. I have to say I agree. Wholeheartedly. So to "Xandrious" thanks for being so honest. You rock! 

2.0 out of 5 stars The Little Stuff Ruined ItApril 1, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Tales of Aradia The Last Witch Volume 1 (Kindle Edition)
They say you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I entirely disagree.
By looking at the cover, I saw straight off the way the author lacks knowledge and appreciation of humans. How do I know this? The character looked perfect, was skinny and showing stomach to add sexual appeal, and looked altogether unrealistic and unsuited for what the author thought they wanted to convey.
This was reinforced later when I found out that Aradia was supposed to be 15.
And, of course, the book needs editing. I was especially dismayed when Aradia touched her forearm to feel her tibia.
With all of my study of anatomy, I have never managed to feel my tibia by touching my arm. It was the little details that could have easily been fact checked rather than assumed that got to me.
Overall, the book wasn't hopeless, and the writing style wasn't terrible, but it showed many symptoms of an unprofessional author.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked blog followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog