My Book Series

Friday, June 17, 2011

Self publishing: is it good or bad?

http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2011/06/literary-agents-try-new-role-as-self-publishing-consultants167.html

Its funny how so many people give me trouble for being a self-published author. I wish I could submit my work to a traditional publisher but the problem is I need an editor. An editor costs so much money. I couldn't afford such a thing. Plus traditional publishers take so much time and u have to submit a query letter and so much more. Most tradionational publishers won't accept anything without a literary agent. God knows what that would require. Most stores won't accept self published books on their shelves unless they make it onto a best seller list. All i can hope is that with publishing in the future those requirements will challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked blog followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog