My Book Series

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hidden symbols


 
A while back one of my favorite Aradians (a fan of the Tales of Aradia book series) Tracey Sadler suggested that perhaps all the hiddens have their own separate symbols. My editor, Harrison R. Bradlow, and I agreed that this was a good idea. Tracey also suggested that perhaps the Hiddens have their own unified symbol and I also thought this was a good idea but like Harry and Jennifer (another one of my favorite Aradians) mentioned the fact that they are hiddens means they stay hidden. A big unified symbol I think would give them away. However, I do think I will be able to work in that angle a bit later on in the series. No spoilers though because that just wouldn't be fair. 

But back to the symbols, as Devanie pointed out I must like the symbols I choose for the hidden races because after all this is my series. I believe that an author's true purpose is to entertain their readers and be able to recieve feedback from them. I want Aradia to be more than just a book series, I want it to be an opportunity to breach that gap between authors and readers. Self publishing although many people loathe it has caused a shift in the balance of power in the publishing world. Now the publishers must see their authors as more than just employees. They must see that their authors are their partners. The self publishing movement is what helped caused this. I want Aradia to be something similar. I want it to be the chance to bridge the gap between fans and authors, to give fans an opportunity to voice their own ideas and input. Give the people what they want I always say but for the love of God take the time to ask them what they want before you decide.

This is the process I used in choosing my symbols 

In my special fan group, I posted pictures that I created to represent the different types of people in the hidden race.

This symbol represents the vampires. Their color are reds, blues, and purples. 


This symbol represents the werewolves. Their colors are brown, black, and white.

This symbol represents the Fae. Their colors are pink, green, and yellow. 


More description on how these symbols came to be will follow tomorrow. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked blog followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog